Maryport
Maryport Cooperative Society
Curzon Street
1858-1971
Maryport Cooperative Society opened its first shop on Senhouse Street in November 1858
Cueto’s fish and chip shop
71 Furnace Lane
Cueto’s fish and chip shop was the first port of call for people leaving the cinema in Maryport.
Market day at Fleming Square
Fleming Square
Fleming Square – was named after Sir George Fleming of Rydal, Bishop of Carlisle and father of Mary Senhouse, after whom Maryport was named